Welcome/Ethos & Values
It is my great pleasure to introduce you to Epworth Primary Academy. I hope that the information presented on the website will give you an insight into life at Epworth.
We are a rapidly developing Academy, striving to achieve our undoubted potential.
We aim to create a happy, secure environment in which children are encouraged to develop to their full potential. The achievement of our children is our main priority and we firmly believe that all children can be successful given the right encouragement and opportunities. Our Epworth mind set of “Strive, believe, achieve” runs through all that we do. We aim to provide the highest quality of education to our children by
- Inspiring children to be active, enthusiastic and independent learners
- Promoting religious and moral values, good manners
- Ensuring all-round development of children - physically, emotionally, intellectually and socially.
- Offering a broad, balanced curriculum to suit children's individual needs.
- Ensuring everyone has equal opportunity to all aspects of the curriculum.
- Providing opportunities for everyone's voice to be heard.
- Working in partnership with the community to the benefit of all.
- Promoting cultural development and understanding via a wide range of experiences, both in and beyond daily academy-life
The staff team work hard to ensure that our children are happy and enjoy their learning; that they are not afraid to take calculated risks and that they learn from their own mistakes. We plan our curriculum and learning experiences to encourage all our children to develop in to well-rounded individuals with aspirations of their own and to be the best that they can be.
We have high expectations of and for all of our children. In turn we expect them to engage fully with all that we do and to give 100% effort to all tasks. All pupils are encouraged to take part in the wide range of sporting, musical, dramatic, residential and social activities we have on offer.
We strongly believe that children thrive in an orderly, safe and disciplined learning environment. We encourage our children to respect themselves, each other and the world we live in. We also encourage them to develop tolerance and respect through their experiences at our Academy.
Success is built upon partnerships and the academy is part of Isle Education Trust, along with South Axholme Academy and Coritani Academy.
Parents are welcome in the academy and we encourage them to become fully involved in their child's education.