The Academy prides itself on the positive behaviour and attitude to learning of all pupils. The correct wearing of the Academy uniform is central to this. By wearing our uniform, pupils visibly belong to the Epworth Primary learning family. The uniform has been chosen to be practical for the demands of a busy school day. By adhering to the dress code, pupils arrive at the Academy ready to work, and staff are able to concentrate on the core business of teaching and learning.
Academy uniform can be purchased from any suitable outlet except jumpers. Jumpers may be obtained via the online uniform shop, Trutextdirect. The academy may also have a limited stock available and parents may email the academy if they wish to pursue this.
- Full length black or grey trousers or black or grey skirt or pinafore
- White or pale blue plain shirt or polo shirt
- Royal blue academy sweatshirt or jumper or cardigan
- Black shoes
- Blue and white small check or striped dress (summer term only)
- Academy fleece (outdoors only)
The following are not allowed
- Jewellery/piercings other than a single, small, plain pair of stud earrings and/or a plain wrist watch. These items must be removed before PE/swimming lessons
- Jeans, leggings, “skinny” clothing of any kind
- Nail varnish or acrylic nails
- Extreme hairstyles including non-natural dyed hair, shaved/extremely short hair, Mohican and pattern/stripe shaving
Compulsory PE Kit
- Plain royal blue shorts (no logos)
- Plain white t-shirt
- Pumps or trainers (for outdoor PE only)
- Tracksuit or sweatshirt (for outdoor PE in colder weather)
- Blue leotard
All clothing and footwear must be clearly labelled with a child's name so lost items can be returned.
Where children grow out of items of uniform we would encourage parents to donate them to the academy so that they can be sold on for a small cost to help make it more affordable.