Clubs & Activities
At Epworth Primary Academy, we place great value on the extracurricular opportunities that pupils have on offer to them. Clubs are a chance for children to try out new activities and to socialise with others. Trips and visits expose pupils to new experiences, widen their horizons and offer them the chance to develop an array of skills including confidence, teamwork, resilience, coordination, imagination, focus, creativity and determination. All of these attributes contribute to supporting pupils to develop in to happy, successful, healthy and well-rounded individuals.
The list below gives a flavour of the activities, clubs, trips and visits on offer
- Sports clubs and competitions including football, athletics, tag rugby, Taekwondo
- Commando Joe
- Young Voices
- Doncaster poetry competition
- Gainsborough Old Hall trip
- Lincolnshire Show ground – Farm to Fork
- English Institute of Sport trip
- Epworth church visit
- Residential trips including outdoor activity centres and WE day in London
We also value visitors coming in to our academy to work with our pupils in order to bring their learning to life.
Recent examples of visitors include
- Olympic and commonwealth athlete
- Robert Swan – Arctic explorer
- WE day video experience
- Shakespeare Theatre group
For some of our clubs, trips and visits there may be a charge due to there being external providers or a small charge to cover external providers or resources.
Clubs and activities for the current term can be found here.