The Academy prides itself on the positive behaviour and attitude to learning of all pupils. The correct wearing of the Academy uniform is central to this. By wearing our uniform, pupils visibly belong to the Epworth Primary learning family. The uniform has been chosen to be ;
- practical for the demands of a busy school day
- suitable for all pupils regardless of gender.
By adhering to the dress code, pupils arrive at the Academy ready to work, and staff are able to concentrate on the core business of teaching and learning.
Pupils may wear either black or grey:
- trousers (these must be full length) or
- skirt or
- pinafore or
In addition, pupils should wear ;
- White or pale blue plain shirt or polo shirt
- Royal blue academy sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan
- Black sensible footwear
- Blue and white small check or striped dress
Compulsory PE Kit
- Plain royal blue/navy shorts (no logos)
- Plain white t-shirt
- Pumps or trainers (for outdoor PE only)
Optional PE kit
- Navy or black tracksuit or sweatshirt (for outdoor PE in colder weather) which must be plain and logo free . These items should be functional and not fashionable
- Blue leotard
- Navy or black leggings without logos or branding
The following are not allowed
The following items must not be worn
- Any jewellery or piercings other than a single, small, plain pair of stud earrings and/or a plain wrist watch. These items must be removed before PE/swimming lessons
- Jeans, leggings, “skinny” clothing of any kind
- Logos/badges other than that of the academy
- Nail varnish or acrylic nails
- Extreme hairstyles including non-natural dyed hair.
All clothing and footwear must be clearly labelled with a child's name so lost items can be returned.
Where to purchase
Academy uniform can be purchased from any suitable outlet including supermarkets, except jumpers/cardigans with the academy logo. These may be obtained via the online uniform shop, Trutextdirect.
Where children grow out of items of uniform we would encourage parents to donate them to the academy so that they can be sold on for a small cost to help make it more affordable. Second hand uniform is available to purchase through the PTFA. To enquire about this, the academy office should be contacted.
If you need support purchasing uniform, please do not hesitate to contact the academy
To view the full uniform policy please click here.